GTK2 problems after power cut

This is a slightly strange problem, but I hope someone can help.
Yesterday, for no apparent reason, all the lights in my house went off
for about half a second. When I checked my comp, it had reset itself. I
logged back in, and everything seemed fine, but none of the programs I
use which were compiled with gtk2 support will work anymore, and they all
fail with a similar error, which I have no idea how to fix. Running
gkrellm2 gives:

** (gkrellm2:4455): CRITICAL **: file pango-color.c: line 952
(pango_color_parse): assertion `spec != NULL' failed
-:2: Invalid color constant '(null)'
-:2: error: invalid string constant "#eee1b3", expected valid string
constant
Segmentation fault

while gvim 6.2 with gtk2 support gives:

** (gvim:4458): CRITICAL **: file pango-color.c: line 952
(pango_color_parse): assertion `spec != NULL' failed
-:2: Invalid color constant '(null)'
-:2: error: invalid string constant "#eee1b3", expected valid string
constant
Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
Vim: Finished.
Segmentation fault

The same version of gvim works fine if I don't use gtk2, and all other
non-gtk2 programs are still working fine. I've removed pango, atk, and
gtk+ and installed them again, I've tried a couple of different versions
of each, and I've recompiled the programs that don't work, but it doesn't
seem to be making any difference. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Andrew