Howto set initial size of Widget (a GtkSocket Widget)

Hi All,

How can I set the initial size of a GtkSocket (I'm using Gtk 2.2.2 on RH8 x86)?

I want to set the *initial* size of the socket to the size specified by the WM_HINTS/PSIZE that the embedee sets on its toplevel window (PSIZE is currently un-used in gtksocket.c).

However I *do* want the user to be able to shrink the socket/embedded window below
and above that initial size during runtime.

I'm looking for something similar to gtk_window_set_default_size() but for
a widget rather than for a window.

This is important for me, since I'm embedding NEdit (the text editor), where one of the user preferences is the initial size of the nedit window (expressed as rows x cols). NEdit takes this preference and after considering the size of the menu etc sets PSIZE.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance,

Gal.