Re: Pango problem

On 07 Feb 2003 18:34:44 +0100
Bernd Demian <bdemian csc-dd de> wrote:

> Am Fre, 2003-02-07 um 18.07 schrieb Paul Davis:
>
> > set_width_chars has nothing to do with *visual* appearance. it limits
> > the number of chars that can be entered into the entry.
> >
> > see my recently posted set_usize_to_display_given_text() for how to do
> > this without pango, then think about how best to do it with pango.
> >
> > --p
> excuse me, you mean :set_max_length - I think this function limits the
> number of chars.
> I mean :set_width_chars to manipulate the visual length. And the problem
> for me is not to find the function I need, the problem I have is that I
> thing the function does not work properly with other XServers then
> Xfree. Has everybody the same experiance and found a solution.

I have the exact same problem.  The set_usize (or in gtk2, set_size_request()) of
extents.width works ok on my linux box, but fails on Windows/Exceed and Mac
X-servers.  I wonder if the xserver is substituting some other font for
that requested and the differing font width info is not getting through
to pango (or from pango to gtk)?

-- George

--
 I cannot think why the whole bed of the ocean is
 not one solid mass of oysters, so prolific they seem. Ah,