Re: substitute for GtkCList ???

Diego Zuccato wrote:

> Good. Then I'll do it. Tks. I'll add a column for each view that uses
> the model and needs extra data.
Thought again, to solve the filtering issue, too.

> Now I've only to find out a way to filter out some rows from the model
> in a certain view... But I think it's not possible without writing a new
> model (actually copying current stores, and using a balanced tree
> instead of a list) or resorting to O(n^2) or worse.
I just thought... What if I use a "base" model and a "derived" one that
stores the extra columns plus a "pointer" to the row in the "base"
model?
For lists (GTK_TREE_MODEL_ITERS_PERSIST set), the pointer could be a
GtkTreeIter. The problem is keeping it in sync with model changes... Too
bad that it seems GtkTreeRowReference doesn't use any optimization on
models with persistent iters :-( Or am I wrong ?

BYtE,
 Diego.