Re: Changing background color of check / radio buttons

Soeren Sandmann wrote:
Peter Krueger <pkrueger appss de> writes:

I'm wondering why the background for these states behaves so different. I
can get this filled background color in state NORMAL too (like
the toggle button has) when I put my check and radio buttons inside event
boxes and set those background color.

The reason is that check and radio buttons don't actually have a
background.  Instead they paint directly on top of the window of their
parent widget.

Therefor, to change the background colour you should put the button into a GtkEventBox (which does have a background) and then set the background colour of both the button and the eventbox for each state.

--
Tim Evans
Applied Research Associates NZ