Re: substitute for GtkCList ???

"James M. Cape" wrote:

> GtkTreeView is the Model-View-Controller replacement for GtkCList:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/TreeWidgetObjects.html
I still can't see any way to set out-of-model, tree-view-specific row
data (like the old set_row_data, IIRC).
I'm dealing with quite large models, and O(n^2) algorithms
(gtk_tree_row_reference_*, IIUC) aren't an option :-(

Is there any way to do it without copying model data around ?

As an example, think about a long list of books. There are two views. In
the first I want the user to be able to tag some books, in the other he
should rate'em (yep... this example is quite stupid... I could simply
add two columns to the model... but that would waste a lot of memory).

Any hint appreciated.

Tks,
 Diego.