Re: text looks different on different displays

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:32:11 EDT, Noah Levitt said:
> Are you sure you're not barking up the wrong tree? Most
> people are using xft with gtk+ these days.

Well, unless I've not had enough caffeine yet, xft rendering gets done at the
machine that is running the program, and as such you get stuck with the font
vagarities on THAT machine rather than the display machine, so you should get
consistent results across displays on different boxes...