Re: problems with gtk-demo

On 2009.04.06 17:31 jakub milkiewicz wrote:
	i've got real problems with gtk2.2.i've compiled any sources
mentioned in
installations guide but it is still doesn't work.i use debian woody with
xfree version 4.1 so that's why i needed  to compile fontconfig,xft
directly
from sources.
	i 've built and install all depended libraries in order given in
installation guide and still have a problems.
I am able to compile gkt2.2 without problems but when i try to run
gtk-demo
there is an warning  : WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font Nimbus
Sans
L, 10 and that's all i can get.
I am asking for a help or suggestions

I had a similar problem which I solved by running fc-cache to
create a font cache. Could it be that the font cache is out of
date so that fontconfig thinks there is a font file present which
is no longer there? Perhaps removing all the font cache files and
re-running fc-cache would clear the problem.

--
Ali Harlow                              Email: ali avrc city ac uk
Research programmer                     Tel:   (020) 7040 4348