Re: Documentation on the gtk.org website is not correctly named

Hi,

kosh <evil_kosh_uk yahoo co uk> writes:

> again, I find myself asking the appropriate person to correctly name the
> documentation on the gtk.org website, if this is gtk 2.2 docs, then the
> filenames should reflect that, at the moment I'm unsure WHAT I'm
> downloading, I assume they are 2.2 docs, incorrectly named as 2.0, could
> someone get a grip on this situation please, not very professional.

I don't think the naming is incorrect at all.

The docs carry the version number they were built from (see at the top
of http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/index.html). The number
2.0 in the directory name refers to the API revision. There exist the
GTK+-1.2 API and the GTK+-2.0 API. People should always be using the
latest stable release from the 2.x series, so it doesn't make sense to
provide docs for 2.0 and for 2.2 and the docs clearly mark any
functions that were added in 2.2.

Sven