Japanese characters display

Hi Friends,
Can anybody suggest me some document that describes
how to display the japanese characters in GTK??

I would be very grateful if anybody can help me in
this.

If there is no documentaion:
Can anybody give clue about:
1. What setting need to be done in Redhat Linux 8.0
before running the GTK application?
2. Special functions used in GTK to handle these
charactes?
3. I am new to GTK. So if anybody can give a small
example displaying "Hello World" in GTK, I will be
very grateful.

Please reply if you can give any information/Clue
about any of the above questions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ramdhan Singh