Stopping the cursor from changing over GtkEntry

Hi,

   I would like to make it so that when the pointer goes over a
GtkEntry that the cursor (or pointer) does not change.

   Ted Rosen mentioned something like this at:

       http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2000-June/msg00052.html

in that, even though he managed to make the cursor change somewhat,
the effects did not pertain to the innards of the widget itself but
only applied to the border; the cursor over the text itself in the
GtkEntry remained the Xterm-type pointer (text-selection cursor).

   As you may know, I am using gtk-1.2 and gtkmm-1.

   Basically, I am trying to implement a "select all, non editable"
GtkEntry and the cursor should not change over the text. I have made
it so that a click over the text selects all of it but the cursor does
not stay the normal X pointer.

   Any ideas on how I should handle this situation?

   Thank you for any help,

   Elizabeth