Re: GtkEntry Cursor

Thanks for the respond, but I forgot to mention I also did
gtk_widget_set_sensitive( GtkEntry , FALSE );
the GtkEntry cannot be selected, so there is not reason for the control to
change the cursor to GDK_XTERM!

I even tried to gdk_window_set_cursor( GtkEntry , GDK_XXXXX )
and it only changed the cursor for the border of the window, the inside
window is still always changed to GDK_XTERM ?!

Tal Rosen.
CC to: tal@security7.com

> > Hi.
>
> hi,
>
> > The Scenario:
> > I'm displaying a disabled dialog ( since I'm waiting for a thread
result ) , I've
> > change the cursor to GDK_CLOCK,
> > inside my dialog there is a short, one line GtkEntry,  I've UNSET the
> > GTK_CAN_FOCUS flag for this entry,
>
> > The Problem:
> > When the GDK_CLOCK cursor hover over the GtkEntry it changes to
GDK_XTERM.
> > ( other disabled controls behave correctly )
>
> > The Questions:
> > * can someone send me an example how to disable the GtkEntry cursor
change?

> The default cursor for GtkEntry is set to GDK_XTERM. You have to set the
cursor to  GDK_CLOCK after you created the entry (or unset the cursor)

I also did gtk_widget_set_sensitive
I still think that if the GtkEntry control cannot be focues, it should not
change the cursor...

> > * Is this behavior of the disabled GtkEntry a Bug, will it be fixed ?,
>
> You can still select text in it AFAIK.

> > Just another question
> > Is there a code example of a thread waiting for a condition, and for GUI
X signal