Re: (no subject)

Hi Sudipto.

You should download, configure, build and install glib, atk and pango
separately before you configure, build and install gtk+.

If you are installing the libraries in /usr/local (which is the default)
you should also use

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

Can't you find prebuild binaries of gtk+2 and related libraries  for
your distribution?

You cannot get rid of Pango.

Regards,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu