Re: how to show the content of xterm in a gtk window

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 01:11, Ng Sio Lei wrote:
> hi, i want to build a gtk window to show the status such as warnings,
> error or etc, of a running software. they are originally shown in xterm.

You should create a pipe and fork, running the application to watch as a
child, redirecting standard I/O of the new process to the pipe. The are
few similar ways to do this and since it's a standard unix programming
technique you should find examples on the web. Then you can use to

gtk_input_add_full()

or similar to what the pipes. When something arrives, you callback is
called and you can read data and append it to your text buffer.

HTH,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.