Re: need people to add documentation to glib?

Hi,

Chris Wareham <chris wareham iosystems co uk> writes:

> Do you know of a GObject tutorial being written by anyone? After reading
> the API reference, I didn't have the flashes of intuition that I'd need
> to write my own subclasses of GObject. Maybe I'm just being thick as
> usual. In the meantime, Objective-C is providing a suitable alternative
> for my OO needs, but I'm probably in trouble if my colleagues find out
> I'm not coding in plain C!

I'd say it's impossible to grok GObject by using only the API
reference. The best way to learn GObject is definitely to look at
other people's code. There are so many open source projects using
GObject, I'm sure you will be able to find some example code.

Apart from that, there's a draft for an extended GObject documentation
available here:

  http://www.gnome.org/~mathieu/gobject/main.html

Salut, Sven