How to add backend application

hello..!

      I have to run a dc servo motor through RTLinux
but the front end GUI needs to be written in Linux.
The problem is that how can i connect my applcation to
RTLinux module using fifo(real time FIFOs)in GTK
programme. Is it possible to write an application
which in turn can start the motor. At the same time I
need to display the angular position of motor. (Motor
should move exactly to that angle specified by user)
Can anybody help me..?

-Prax