Re: New Text Editing Widget

Hello everybody!

Now I'm reading dcumentation on gnome-canvas. Is will be correct to realise of functionality of my wdget by the instrumentality of canvas? Some arguments in defence of this strategy:

1. Widget will be contain the graphical "annotators" of pieces of text.
2. Widget will be contain the text "annotators" of pieces of text. For example, some range of text will be have and underline string, representating different property of this part of biopolymer sequence.

        ------------------->  <- graphical annotator
1    GTAGCTAGCTGATCGGCTACATCG - sequence
25  CTAGCTGATCGTACGATCGATCGA
                                        HindIII
            EcoRI <- text annotator

To illustrate of prototype of my widget I attach some screenshot from Win32 program with similar functionality.

Maxim A. Telegin
IBPM
Pushchino
Russian Academy of Sciences