Re: Can I have multiply copy of gtk-2.0 with different gdktargets installed within my system?

Is it possible to fix this problem without breaking the binary compatibility? I don't know if it's OK that we move /usr/lib/gtk-2.0 to /usr/lib/gtk-2.0-x11 for gtk2-x11 and to /usr/lib/gtk-2.0-directfb for gtk2-directfb?

Regards
James Su

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

James Su <suzhe gnuchina org> writes:

Did you mean we cannot use immodules within gtk-directfb? It will be
very pity if it's true.

hmm, I hadn't cared about input modules before and I obviously mixed
things up a bit. There's an X input method which is X11 specific. The
other input modules seem to work with the DirectFB backend as well.

Since the modules do indeed collide (as well as gdkconfig.h as I just
found it), you are probably better adviced to use different
installation prefixes for different GDK backends. I agree that it
would be nice to improve this situation. Ideally it would be possible
to choose the GDK backend at run-time.

Salut, Sven