Re: dhirendra(some doubts of GTK+)

dhirendra wrote:

sir/Madam,

I am working with the interface of messanger like yahoo...
but faccing some problem to complete this....
if you clear my doubts then I will really be greatfull to you... because this i am doing to finish my mini project to complete my study carriculam...

1) how to add figure or bitmap on the title of the widget.

It depends on what widget you want. There's GtkImage widget for holding
images:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtkimage.html
you can insert it in all gtk containers you want (boxes, tables, bins, etc).
The example can be found in GTK sources: "gtk+-2.0.?/tests/testgtk.c"

2) how to display any widget to any particular possition of the window.

There's a special container for this - GtkFixed:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtkfixed.html
But its hard to imagine the situation when you really need it. The common way the gtk apps follow is to pack widgets to special containers - tables, boxes, bins
(they will auto resize when their child's dimensions changed).
Example comes with gtk sources too: "gtk+-2.0.?/examples/fixed".

3) how to make one sub widget which is connected to main widget...
  I have made separate-2 widget for login interface & to the down of that
but I am unable to understand how to get both widget together and in the same possition like yahoo we have...

Oops, dont understand this. Maybe if you'll provide a little ascii-art scheme...

4) how to make widget without any close button, minimise button or reduce button...

If you're talking about non-decorated windows (like xmms) you can use gtk_window_set_decorated(): http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtkwindow.html#GTK-WINDOW-SET-DECORATED
Example comes with gtk sources too: "gtk+-2.0.?/examples/wheelbarrow".

Regards,
       Olexiy