RE: Releasing client-side pixmaps

Hi,
a while ago I posted a question regarding the client-side memory usage when
using GtkPixmap. I got a couple of answers (thanks!!!) which told me that no
client-side copy is kept of the pixmap.

I have now performed some tests, which show that my Linux/GTK application
grows by approx 240kB as soon as I create a pixmap. Once a single pixmap has
been created, only very small amounts of memory is allocated for each new
pixmap.

Does anyone know where the initial chunk of memory goes?

I use the following libraries:
  gdk-pixbuf-0.13.0
  libjpeg-v6b
  libpng-1.0.3