Re: Releasing client-side pixmaps

Dag Helstad wrote:

Hi, a while ago I posted a question regarding the client-side memory usage when
using GtkPixmap. I got a couple of answers (thanks!!!) which told me that no
client-side copy is kept of the pixmap.
I have now performed some tests, which show that my Linux/GTK application
grows by approx 240kB as soon as I create a pixmap. Once a single pixmap has
been created, only very small amounts of memory is allocated for each new
pixmap. Does anyone know where the initial chunk of memory goes?
As I can see from your previuos post, you are using gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file().
This function loads the image loader when called the first time for the specific
image file. I beleive it takes the memory you speak of.

Olexiy