Scrolled window unable to handle huge list ( > 1700 entries) in it

Hi,

I need advice on putting huge list in a scrolled window.

I notice that when I have more than 1700 (exact number is around 167+)
entries in a list (or tree), and the list is in a scrolled window, it will
not be displayed correctly. Anyone know limitation on the number of entry
(or height) a scrolled window can support, and is there a known way to
workaround this?

Thanks.

Regards,
Eng Han