signal_connect depreciated ?

Hi,

I apologize for this newbie question, but I have just started studying
GTK and I want to try to compile the simple "helloworld.c" example on
the gtk.org website

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ch-gettingstarted.html#SEC-HELLOWORLD

I saved the source code into a C-file and tried to compile it as
indicated. However I got the following error message:

helloworld.c: In function `main':
helloworld.c:55: warning: implicit declaration of function
`signal_connect'
helloworld.c:79: warning: implicit declaration of function
`g_signal_connect_swapped'

I read somewhere that "g_signal_connect" is depreciated, but I have no
clue what should be replacing it ?

Best regards,

Peter

--