Re: problem builduing gtk+2.0 (1.3.13)

Hi Jeff,

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Jeff Payne wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance as I am new to GTK.  I'm attempting to build the latest
> development release of gtk along with the supporting packages.  After building
> the glib, atk, and pango packages, the gtk+2.0 configure script doesn't find
> the pango package when pkg-config is called.  I've checked the /usr/lib/pkgconfig
> directory and verified that pango.pc is there and pointing to the correct lib
> and include dirs, but when I manually check for installed packages with pkg-config
> only the glib and atk packages come up.

	One warning; I installed GTK+ as a non-root user, so there may be
some variations.  Before you built anything, did you set these environment
variables:

export GTK_DIR=/home/rwan
export PATH="$PATH":$GTK_DIR/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GTK_DIR/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GTK_DIR/lib/pkgconfig

	Of course, GTK_DIR can be anything; and that's what I had to do
because I was a non-root [that's my home directory].

	When you configured pango, did you add a --prefix like this:

./configure --prefix=$GTK_DIR

	I don't know if you have to do this, but if you didn't, you can
give it a try...

Ray