Clist Question

Hello-
  I have a question regarding a layout issue in the use of the Clist
widget. When using a black background for the Clist, there are
single-pixel white horizontal lines separating each row of the list. These
seem to be largely unavoidable. Is there some way of getting rid of these
lines? Or at the least changing their color to black?
  Another possibility would be presumably layering a drawing area or the
like over the list, with lines drawn-in in black, covering the lower
lines. Yet, I am unaware of how to implement this correctly, much less
deal with the complicated scrolling issue. Any help or suggestions would
be appreciated. Thanks!

- Jack Chou