Compiled, linked, but get error related to nonuse of -fnative-struct !!!

Wow folks, I think I've almost got a GTK+ example app built
on Win98SE, under mingw/msys!

GCC is telling me that the -fnative-struct switch is not
recognized!  I was able to build without it, but get an
error dialog, stating that GtkWindow is not the right size,
and probably caused by the lack of the -fnative-struct switch.

It appears the GCC is 3.2 (mingw-special-XXXXXXX) (some number)

Q: How do I get to the point where the -fnative-struct switch works?

Thanks for everything so far, I can't wait to get back to coding!!!

Other questions I can't figure out:
1 - I can't seem to clear the "history" in the msys console, it makes
   it very difficult to find the start of a compile.  I increased
   the 2500 default history to 5500 in the msys.bat file, so I
   could see and fix the first compile errors I've been getting.

2 - Redirection of standard error doesn't seem to work for me.  I've
   been trying:  "make >& make.log" - no luck...

I think I'm almost there, can't thank you folks enough for this stuff!

John Miskinis