Re: Sr. GTK Systems Programmer - US - NY - New York

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Chris Wareham wrote:

> A LUG mailing list may be a relevant place to post job adverts,
> but an international mailing list related to something technical is
> not.

According to the website the gtk-list mailing list if the "general topics
related to GTK+", which reads to me everything related to GTK+ not
covered in the other mailing lists. The job posting was related to GTK+ so
it was on-topic.

If there is going to be a rule that excludes job postings, fine, but until
that descision has been made individuals should not be policing the list
with thier own rules. It makes the list feel unfriendly, and causes large
off topic debates.

My $0.02,
Chris