Gdk-ERROR request_code

o I'm getting:

   Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
   operation) serial 226 error_code 2 request_code 142 minor_code 3

o Is there anywhere (outside the source tree) where "request_code 142"
  and "minor_code 3" are defined?  My understanding is that these are
  internal Gdk, *not* Xlib, codes.  I couldn't find anyting in the
  Gtk, Gdk, or X11 include directories.

o I tried the FAQ suggestion for running with "--sync" on the command
  line and setting a breakpoint at "abort" in gdb.  Program still just
  exits with code 1, never hitting breakpoint.

o This is all under Gtk/Gdk 1.2 and Gtkmm/Gdkmm 1.2 (latter might
  cause trouble with gdb).

--
MARK
markrubn pacbell net