Re: Problem with setting background for GtkViewport

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 08:42, Sven Neumann wrote:
> AFAIK the only sane way to get the background image scaled is to use a
> theme-engine, in particular the pixmap theme engine. It allows you not
> only to scale the whole image but also to keep the image corners (or
> borders) unscaled.

I searched google but couldn't find any documentation for the GTK pixmap
theme engine. I did find documentation about the xenophilia engine but
that doesn't seem to be able to do what I want. Where can find
information about the 1.x version of this engine? (And the 2.x version
too as I'll probably switch over sometime in the future).

I did find some references to a GdkPixbuf version of the pixmap engine
(I'm using GTK 1.x). Where can I find that?

Also, making that GtkViewport inside the GtkScrolledWindow share the
background with the rest of the window. Is it possible with any of these
theme-engines or plain gtk?

--
Luis Oliveira
luismbo AT netcabo DOT pt