Re: atk-1.0.0 compile error

./configure --prefix=/usr/local

may work when you compile.
Do you installed pkg-config properly? It should work
if you just invoke it with:
pkg-config --list-all

should display at least one line with

glib-2.0            GLib - C Utility Library

Pascal

other packages, (this
> is on a Debian box upgraded from Progeny)
>
> now I installed all additional stuff in /usr/local/lib
> to keep with this tradition glib-2.0.0  was also
installed there,
> yet ./configure in atk-1.0.0 directory gives me this error:
>
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the
file config.log for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB
was incorrectly installed
> *** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed.
In the latter case, you
> *** may want to edit the pkg-config script:
/usr/bin/pkg-config

> How do I tell ./configure that glib-2.0.0 is in fact on
the system in
> /usr/local/lib ?
>
> any pointers are very much appreciated, as I need to get
this
> finished...
>
> --
> LinuxUser aka Josef Oswald linux os chello at
> registered-linux-user # 134.818 at http://counter.li.org
>
> The box said Windows, NT or better, so I installed Linux
:-)