Annoying space to right of GtkCheckButtons

Hi.

Is is possible to remove the space that appears to the right of a
GtkCheckButton? I want to create a standalone GtkCheckButton (i.e.
without a label next to it), that doesn't have any more space on it's
right than on it's left.

I'm creating the widgets with gtk_check_button_new().

Example program attached, if you're not sure what I'm getting at. If you
run it you can see that the CheckButton isn't right in the middle of the
window, as it has some padding on the right of it that is part of the
widget. :(

Thanks.

--
Graham Ashton