Re: vertical scale display; button prelighting

>> Maybe we disagree with the notion of indicating the mouse cursor
>> location by changing the appearance of a widget. For me, that
>> disagreement is independent of however the appearance is changed.
>>

>OK, so this is just "I disagree with the theme."

No, its much more than that. I don't think that the toolkit should
ever change the state of a widget to PRELIGHT. we already have the
enter_notify and leave_notify events if the widget wants to respond to
cursor entry and exit. The toolkit should keep its nose out of it. I
don't care what the theme does with the state - I don't want the state
to exist at all!

>I don't think adding a function to enforce a certain theme behavior
>on the user makes any sense.

I agree. My use of a function call was mostly a bad attempt at
sarcastic wit. Yes, a user setting in ~/.gtkrc would be much better.

--p