Re: vertical scale display; button prelighting

Paul Davis <pbd op net> writes:

> No, its much more than that. I don't think that the toolkit should
> ever change the state of a widget to PRELIGHT. we already have the
> enter_notify and leave_notify events if the widget wants to respond to
> cursor entry and exit. The toolkit should keep its nose out of it. I
> don't care what the theme does with the state - I don't want the state
> to exist at all!

The toolkit doesn't change the state to prelight - widgets do that
themselves. Basically widgets decide whether to pass
GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT to a given call of gtk_paint_whatever().

Then the theme determines whether drawing GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT will
actually be different from drawing other states.

Havoc