compiling libraries using 'static' not 'dynamic'
- From: Matt Eisemann <meisemann dsrnet com>
- To: "gtk-list gnome org" <gtk-list gnome org>
- Cc: "Facemire Mark (SMTP)" <mfacemire dsrnet com>
- Subject: compiling libraries using 'static' not 'dynamic'
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 13:19:37 -0400
Currently trying to compile a GTK program that I wrote using the static
runtime libraries. Someone mentioned to me that if I want to run a GTK
application on a computer that does not have GTK installed on it, I will
need to create an executable with the runtime libraries as part of the
executable. Does someone have any information on how to compile a GTK
application without using the dynamic runtime libraries but using the
static runtime libraries. This is so we can create an executable that
will run on any computer .
] [Thread Prev