Re: compiling libraries using 'static' not 'dynamic'
- From: Jeff Shipman <shippy nmt edu>
- To: Matt Eisemann <meisemann dsrnet com>
- Cc: "gtk-list gnome org" <gtk-list gnome org>, "Facemire Mark (SMTP)" <mfacemire dsrnet com>
- Subject: Re: compiling libraries using 'static' not 'dynamic'
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:56:32 -0600 (MDT)
Pass '-static' as one of the options to your
Jeff "Shippy" Shipman E-Mail: shippy nmt edu
Computer Science Major ICQ: 1786493
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
On Wed, 2 May 2001, Matt Eisemann wrote:
> Currently trying to compile a GTK program that I wrote using the static
> runtime libraries. Someone mentioned to me that if I want to run a GTK
> application on a computer that does not have GTK installed on it, I will
> need to create an executable with the runtime libraries as part of the
> executable. Does someone have any information on how to compile a GTK
> application without using the dynamic runtime libraries but using the
> static runtime libraries. This is so we can create an executable that
> will run on any computer .
> gtk-list mailing list
> gtk-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev