Re: GTK tooltips theming fixed?

Neil Bird <neil fnxweb com> writes:
>   Despite all the thmese I have 'setting' a tooltip theme, it's never
> used: the tooltip window comes up with the default GtkWindow theme,
> unadorned & hence often near invisible.
>
>   Putting 'widget "gtk-tooltips" style "default"' on the end of each
> theme's gtkrc does the job, but it seems that that shouldn't be necessary.
> Looking in the archives, there's mention of tooltip theming becoming
> broken at some point, and it seems as if it wasn't fixed.
>
>   Has it been sorted out yet? I'm using 1.2.8.

I don't know the answer to that, you might want to be sure there's a
bug in bugzilla.gnome.org about it.

>   Actually to follow on from that - should I be wary of installing GTK
> 1.3.x, or jump in feet first? I've not seen anything WRT compatibility
> issues.

1.3.x installs alongside 1.2.x, it doesn't replace it. So you can
install it with no problem. However, there aren't really any apps
using it yet, so unless you want to start developing against 1.3.x
(which is a pretty OK idea at this point), it isn't going to do you
any good.

Havoc