GTK tooltips theming fixed?

  Despite all the thmese I have 'setting' a tooltip theme, it's never
used: the tooltip window comes up with the default GtkWindow theme,
unadorned & hence often near invisible.

  Putting 'widget "gtk-tooltips" style "default"' on the end of each
theme's gtkrc does the job, but it seems that that shouldn't be necessary.
Looking in the archives, there's mention of tooltip theming becoming
broken at some point, and it seems as if it wasn't fixed.

  Has it been sorted out yet? I'm using 1.2.8.

  Actually to follow on from that - should I be wary of installing GTK
1.3.x, or jump in feet first? I've not seen anything WRT compatibility
issues.

--
Neil Bird                          |  If this .signature   |