Re: managing app windows

> >  I have several questions that I know someone is going to tell me are
> >  window manager issues, none the less, it seems like the app developer
> >  should have some control over them.
> >
> >  I have a toplevel dialog I do not want the user to destroy using window
> >  decorations, they should however be able to iconize the widget. I found
> >  a function
> >  gtk_hide_on_destroy  that sounds like what I want - however it doesn´t
> >  seem to do anything...
> >
> >  If the user has iconized the window and then does something in the
> >  application which refers to that window I would like to open it and
> >  place it on top, anyone know how I can do this?  I have tried
> >  experiments with several signals but apparently haven´t stumbled across
> >  the right one(s) yet.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Jim

I had need of this behaviour as well, and what seemed to work for me
to raise a window is to explicitly hide it, then show it again.  On
my SGI, it seems to un-iconfiy the window, but it may depend on the
window manager.

There is also a gdk_window_raise() function that you should check out.

Ralph Walden

--

Ralph E. Walden
Tripos, Inc.