Re: pushbuttons and bold

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 02:10:55PM +0100, Chris Wareham wrote:
> In X, the bold variant of a font is another font, distinct from the medium
> weight version. (This may be different on a `certain other' operating
> system

At least as I read the version of the programming document I have on
hand for at least one certain other family of operating systems
(copyright 1993; it's for the 3.x releases of the New Technology member
of that family - perhaps the 4.0 or 5.0^H^H^H2000 version is different,
but I suspect not), the weight of a font is a characteristic of the
font, so the bold variant of a given font would be another font using
the same face.