Re: pushbuttons and bold

Matt Eisemann wrote:

> just resending this since no response to question below regarding
> pushbuttons and BOLD type.  Can't I use the same font and have it be bold?
>  see question below for more information.

In X, the bold variant of a font is another font, distinct from the medium
weight version. (This may be different on a `certain other' operating
system - I don't know much about fonts on that platform). Therefore, it is
most likely that you have to go through the whole process of loading the
bold version of the font. There *may* be a convenience function to load a
family of fonts rather than just one specific font, but as it would chew
up resources I very much doubt it.

Chris
--
bubbling bilge pump bisque