Fileselect-dialog

I used xmms and hade selected a file on a nfs filssystem. The next time
i started xmms this nfs filsystem did not exist (the server was down).
But when I tried to open a file (with the fileselector dialog) nothing
happened. The whole interface frozed (I guess there is a 1 minute
timeout or something but I killed it before that).

Shouldn't GTK open up the dialog anyway and give the user the
possibility to cancel the operation. Or maybe detect that the server is
down (not so easy). I dont really like this behaviour where it just
locks upp. I know about problems with networks and servers but people
that don't understand this will assume that the application is borken
(IMO it really is) and thats bad. At least I would like some visible
indication that it's working and waiting for the server.

--
/Dennis