Re: gtk-term widget?

> > I write this half-joking.  I use Helix Gnome w/ kfm + Kmail.  But as I see
> more
> > and more of the cooler widgets being Gnome-o-tized, and Gtk getting the
> > leftovers, it makes this Gtk developer nervous.
> >
> > Matthew
>
> Desktop neutrality is important to me as well, but I haven't noticed what
> you describe, Matthew - I was actually under the impression that some of the
> Gnome widgets were moving into GTK in upcoming releases (you may or may-not
> feel that this is a good thing, of course) ... am I missing something here?

I'm exaggerating a bit in order to make a point.  I'm an Open Source software
developer (http://www.orasoft.org) who has chosen to use Gtk as my widget set.
In the latest incarnation of our flagship product, ObjectManager 2.0, I found
myself having to include chunks of the Gnome code in my app so that I could use
the neat-o widgets without forcing -lgnome on my users.  Add to that Havoc's
comment that not wanting -lgnome was some sort of "complex".  I'd love to see
the Gnome widgets get into Gtk, but I think that they should have started
there.  Which is the toolkit and which is the environment?

Matthew