RE: Object persistence?

> Does GTK provide any methods for persistence? I would
> like to save data from widgets and linked-lists to a file,
> but I would like to be able to just save the data to
> a file in binary so the file is smaller and quicker to
> save/load.

I've been working on something like that. Thanks to the argument system it's
quite trivial to get arguments and store them.
Take a look at:

It's an attempt to create persistency for DIA objects. I created a special class
(DiaPersistent) for that, but you can also save it with gtk_object_set_data()
(although you have to change some code).
... And, uh, it stores the data as XML.