Re: Finding out CList row selections

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 05:07:01PM -0600, Shippy! wrote:
> Well, let's say I have GList *sel = clist->selection;.
> If I want to access the stuff in there, I would use
> sel->data. My question is, what is 'data' exactly? What
> type of structure is it? What members inside of 'data'
> would give me the number of that row?

For a Clist, I believe the "data" pointer in each of the "selection"
items is actually the row number.

As to the actual contents of the row, that would depend on what you've
inserted into the clist in the first place.

Yes, this is highly undocumented.

Technically, all items inside GtkCList are "private", and should be
accessed through the API.  But since the API is insufficient with
respect to the clist's selected items, what you really need to do is
look at the GTK source to get anything useful done with GTK in your
app.

regards,
--andy