RE: [gtk-list] Re: gtk 1.2.6 prob

Would anyone know how I can reinstall ident on my redhat v6.0? Or is that
what I need to do..read the below scenario...

There is this ftp site that does ident checking and I WAS able to login
before from linux but now it keeps telling me *@24.112.190.49 is not valid
for the account specified.

I think I screwed it up when I tried to install pidentd-3.0.10.  Reason why
I tried is cuz I am sharing my internet connection from win98 via samba.
In
win98 which sits on 192.168.1.3, I just set the gateway to point to my
192.168.1.1 (where redhat is with the internet connection on
24.112.190.49).
I set DNS in win98 to 24.2.9.33 which is the same DNS as on my linux pc. I
now have internet connection in win98. Everything is fine but I cant login
from win98 to this ftp site either...keeps telling me *@24.112.190.49 is
not
valid for the account specified.

So what I was trying to do was to allow me to connect to that site from
win98 instead of just linux by installing pidentd-3.0.10. Now, I can't
login
to that site from linux or win98!

What can I do to fix this so I can login to that site from linux again,
win98 or preferrably both?