Re: [gtk-list] Re: About linking

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Just to clarify, you can _write_ GTK+ code that can be compiled
> with a C++ compiler; you just can't compile GTK+ itself with
> a C++ compiler. So, if you have access to Sun's cc compiler, then
> you should be able to compile GTK+ with that, and your code
> with CC and then link the two together.

Indeed. AbiWord is an example of application which does that (probably
Mozilla too?). AbiWord started being developed on Linux and Windows only,
but I was able to compile it on Solaris with just two minor tweaks of
Makefile, although the developers (at the time) didn't try to compile it
on that platform. Things should just work and there's nothing to be afraid of.

--
 .-.   .-.    I don't work for my employer.