Re: [gtk-list] Re: clist

> From: Sean Cody <umcodysw@cc.UManitoba.CA>
>
> > CLists can hold arbitrary numbers of items without coring, though
> > they get a bit slow at around 5,000 - 10,000 items.
> I just realized that. :P
>

> > There is something else wrong with your code, though you haven't
> > provided enough information for us to even guess what.
> No problem seems that the creation of each row segfaults at 300...
> I just use a char *Row[5] and malloc,fill,add to clist, delete and it
> cores if I make Row a global it doesn't core but the data gets
> corrupted... arrghgghghgh... Any idea on why that happens?
>
> Sean Cody (aka NullStream)

You must have a memory problem somewhere in your code.  Just because
the program dies at that point does not mean the memory problem is
there - it may be somewhere else in your code.  Once you corrupt
memory, it can die at any point later in time.  This is why memory
problems are so difficult to track down and eradicate.

I have a program that uses a clist that has around 700 entries of 9
columns and I've been using it for over a year w/o it every crashing
on various versions of gtk (from 1.0.6 through 1.2.6).

Dave