is there a known bug with the pixmap engine and ...

... GtkEventBox widgets ?

When i have a ~/.gtkrc file in place that uses the Pixmap engine, it
appears that there is never a redraw of an EventBox base. As a result,
anything which just sticks a label into an EventBox, and then changes
the label will (under a number of circumstances), just get the label
overwriting itself.

If i remove the rc file, the problem goes away. I have noticed this
problem across several different apps. I use the LightSpeed theme,
with a couple of things commented out; this problem exists with or
without those comments.

Whats wierd is that you can see this in, say, the CD player "grip"
(also known as "gcd"), where the track index just keeps overwriting
itself as it changes. Yet, as if by magic, the time counter doesn't do
this. Perhaps one of them is not just a Label. Not sure, since I don't
have the source to the program around right now.

Oh, while I am here: also, when using the Pixmap engine, the settings
in a specifically-loaded RC file that set the base (bg?) color of a
GtkEntry also do not seem to ever take effect. The same style "..." {
... } block is used for many other widgets (it sets the fg to cyan and
the bg to a sort of turqoise-ish green), and it takes effect for all
them except things that are not in the fg color in a GtkEntry's.

--p