Re: [gtk-list] Re: Best Configuration?

George Deprez <deprez@seas.smu.edu> wrote:

> I looked into DDD and it REQUIRES Lesstif per the instructions
> at http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/
> I want to produce a GNOME application using Gtk
> Will this work? Or does it matter what I want, it is only a debugger?

DDD needs Lesstif (or Motif) to work. However, whatever you program
will in no way depend on DDD, since DDD is merely a debugger.

While DDD is a very nice debugger (which I recommend that you
install), your final project will not show that you have been using it
(and Lesstif) to develop your application.

(Just like your average pillow will not reveal that it took a needle
to create it - to make up a quick analogy)

The short version: you can develop gtk+ programs with DDD without
having your final program depend on Lesstif.

--
Regards, Anders