Re: Advanced gtk_file_selection widget

Lokesh Setia <lsetia78 yahoo com> writes:
> I know it might have been asked before, but I was not able to find
> anything related to this.  Can anyone tell me the rationale behind
> making this widget the way it is?

It's been that way for ages. There are several dozen replacements
floating around on the net.

The reason the widget is unchanged is that none of the GTK maintainers
has had time to address the issue. It's not any more complicated than
that.

There could be a GTK 2.2 that's source/bin compat with 2.0 that just
adds some widgets, such as a file selector. But not known for sure at
this point.

Havoc